Energy Saving - How To Reduce Consumption At Home
Have you tried our Energy Calculator yet? Click here to try it now!
Additionally, here are some simple steps that you can follow to ensure your monthly bills are in control:
- Your A/C is an energy guzzler. Do make sure it is turned off when the temperature outside is less than 20 degrees.
- Additionally, switch off all lights, fans, air-conditioner and other electrical appliances when not required.
- Use energy efficient lighting equipment like CFL(Compact Fluorescent Lamp) or LEDs in place of standard lamps.
- Clean the bulbs, tube lights regularly.
- Paint the walls and ceiling with colour of light shade. They reflect light and make the room brighter - hence you would need to use lighting less frequently.
- Use natural light as far as possible.
- Use the electronic regulators to control the speed of your fan. They consume less energy than normal regulators.
- Do not open the door of your refrigerator frequently. When required, open it at an angle of 45 degree and not fully. This limits the cool air from escaping.
- Defrost your refrigerator regularly to avoid accumulation of ice in a deep freeze compartment.
- Check regularly for air leakage from refrigerator door gasket.
- Provide enough air circulation for condenser coils, usually installed at rear side of the refrigerator.
- Clean the condenser and evaporator coils of refrigerator and air-conditioners regularly.
- Use solar water heater instead of electric heater.
- Switch off main power supply switch of electrical equipment after switching it off by remote control.
- Use sunlight for cloth drying instead of using a dryer.