FAQs : GST Related
- Is GST applicable on TPL Services ?
- What is the rate of GST applicable ?
- On what items/services/goods is GST applicable ?
- Application fee for releasing connection of electricity;
- Rental Charges against metering equipment;
- Testing fee for meters/ transformers, capacitors etc.
- Labour charges from customers for shifting of meters or shifting of service lines;
- charges for duplicate bill.
- What should I do to claim GST input credit?
- Is GST applicable on any other services provided by Torrent Power ?
Yes, GST is applicable on certain services provided by all discoms including TPL as per GOI notification 34/8/2018-GST dated 01/03/2018.
GST @ 18% is applicable on the identified services as per the GOI notification 34/8/2018-GST dated 01/03/2018.
GST is currently applicable on the following services provided by Discoms to consumers :
For more details please refer - GOI notification 34/8/2018-GST dated 01/03/2018.
You are required to furnish your GST registration certificate & GST number. The same will be reflected in the GST invoice we generate which will help you claim the GST input credit as per the existing GST policy.
You can Register your GST number here
As on date, as per the existing guidelines, GST is not applicable on any other services provided by Torrent Power.