FAQs : UJALA / DELP Scheme
- What is UJALA ?
- What is the start date for the Ujala scheme ?
- Who is eligible for benefits under this scheme?
- How many bulbs can one avail under the scheme and what is the cost of each bulb ?
- How can one avail of the EMI scheme?
- Are the LED bulbs covered under any warranty?
- Where is the LED distribution centers located?
- Torrent Power Thaltej Substation, Thaltej Cross Road, NR. S.G.Highway.
- Torrent Power Bill Collection Centre, Opp. Sabarmati power House Colony, Sabarmati.
- Torrent Power Dispensary Building, Opp. Jubilee House, Shahpur.
- Torrent Power Switch House-L, Opp Arvind Mega Trade Center ,Nr. BRTS Bus stand, Naroda Road
- Torrent Power Sub Station, Nr. Ishanpur Talawadi, Nr Police Station, Isanpur, Maninagar
- Torrent Power Rakhial Substation, Opp. Rakhiyal Police Station ,Nr. Narayani Hospital, Rakhiyal.
- Torrent Power Office, Plot no. 283-284, GH 4 1/2, Sector 16, Gandhinagar.
UJALA, an acronym for Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All, is an LED based Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP). The target of programme is to replace 77 crore incandescent lamps with LED bulbs. M/S Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) is implementing this scheme which is currently running successfully in over 120 cities across India. As part of this scheme the distribution licensees across Gujarat, including Torrent Power Limited will be subsidising the consumers at `10/- per LED bulb distributed through this scheme.
The Ujala scheme is formally launched across Gujarat on the 26th May 2016.
All customers are eligible for purchasing under LED this scheme, however only Domestic customers and Government premises are eligible for subsidy To be eligible for LEDs under this scheme, a customer would have to approach the nearest LED Distribution centre with a latest copy of their fully paid electricity bill and photo identity card (original and photocopy).
An individual customer can avail a maximum of 10 LED bulbs under the subsidy scheme. Under this scheme the LED is available at an attractive cost of Rs. 70/- per LED
Domestic (Residential) Customers opting for the EMI scheme would have to pay 5 instalments along with their energy bill (5x Rs.14).
The LED bulbs come with a 3 year replacement warranty and the same is honoured by Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL). In case of any issue with the bulb a customer would have to approach EESL for replacement of the bulb.
The address of the LED distribution centres in Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar are as under