Do's & Don’ts
For your safety, we have put together a list of important points that can be practised. If you wish to understand further details, please feel free to call our 24*7 call center
- Turn off all switches before plugging in or removing any electrical appliance.
- Ensure that your wiring is in order and there is no loose/exposed wiring in your premise.
- Use proper capacity fuse wire, Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB) and Earth Leakage Circuit Breakers (ELCB) to ensure protection from voltage surges, overload and faulty equipment/wiring. It is mandatory to use an ELCB for loads of 2KW and above.
- Use only one plug in a socket. Overloading the socket can be dangerous.
- Use only CO2 or Dry Chemical Powder extinguishers for dousing electrical fires.
- Keep electrical appliances away from water.
- Do not carry out any construction or plant trees near overhead lines.
- Do not touch broken overhead lines or cables in any circumstances.
- Do not try to climb on the electric towers / poles
- Do not use wires with joints, especially without proper insulation
- Do not insert wires directly into the plug socket without a matching plug pin.
- Do not use metallic wires for hanging wet or damp clothes.